Wednesday, October 21, 2009

::: Donald Miller :::


Donald Miller just came out with a new book, What I Learned While Editing my Life : A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. Scott read it in less than 2 days and asked that I read it next. He says I will love it. Page 6 and I've already taken away an interesting thought/idea.

"You got a feeling when you look back on life that that's all God really wants from us, to live inside a body he made and enjoy the story and bond with us through the experience."

I really like the way he says this. It's so simple...and to me, is so true. I appreciate the simplicity of this because life is so full of complexity and questions and misunderstandings; but this sentence makes life seem so simple. "bad" things can and have happened to me, but it is all apart of my story. He knows my entire story, beginning to end, and there is good and bad. But what good story doesn't have both?

When looking at my life as a "story" I know that there are more chapters to come, and that it is important to look at all of the chapters as a whole, instead of focusing on one that might not be so pleasant. I am most definitely bonding with him through my experiences. I am thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how wonderful! i love your story. there is SO much to come. can't wait to be there for all the chapters!

Kelley said...

Great thoughts lindsay... your story is beautiful (though trials and joy)!
Looking forward to making it my next book thanks (i did read 2 of his last year).