K. Hooper sent us ladies this today, from PCBC:
"We live for heaven when we care more for people's eternal souls than for their temporal approval; when we use our money to build God's kingdom more than our own; when we ask God to use our suffering more than to solve it; when we remember that this life is the car and not the house, the road and not the destination; when we make sure every day that we're ready to die."
One part over the other is more convicting. I remember recently talking with the Larsens about how heaven is here on earth, living inside of us. His Holy Spirit is living and breathing, wanting more oxygen, that we, our silly selves can let have.
Linds and I also went backpacking for a week, back in the good ol' days of high school. A vivid memory is painted in my mind when I think of the verse below. Lin, Julie, Laurel, and I were walking in a back to back line up the mountain. We recited, in attempt to memorize, the verse (+ the rest of the chapter) from the first person to the back. We had ditched Tom Young & the guys...and made a time of our own...to do such as this:
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God - Col 3
These summer mornings are regularly visisted on the phone with Laurel, whether I'm at work, on the way to work, or lazying around not going to work. Laurel has encouraged me to continually press on to the heavenly things of life & really dig for more than what is just in front of us. Thank you God.
1 comment:
thanks for this encouragement. I needed this tonight.
i love you girls and am so grateful for you and your wisdom.
as iron sharpens iron, so you sharpen me.
Post a Comment