Thursday, April 24, 2008

new season

I am in a new place. I am entering into a new season and I am joyful. I have been in a valley, a hard place, for the past 9 months, but the Lord has been so merciful and loving. My mom has breast and bone cancer. In August of 2007, she was told she was in the final stages and was given 3 weeks to live. She believes and trusts in the Lord with the strongest faith I have ever encountered. She is waiting and trusting for the Lord to heal her. And I am in agreement.

Being a witness to this pillar-like faith, day in day out, will change you. I am so thankful for my mother's faith and so grateful that the Lord has given me this opportunity to grow and expand in ways I never thought I could. Its amazing how he uses crappy situations to make us closer to Him. I pray for a billion more of these times. Even though they are hard, it is the most perfect place to be in (afterwards :). I can't imagine the world without my mother, but I trust and believe that he will heal her. I do. She is strong and faithful and it is because of Him. The Lord sustains and I will never be the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your blog. so sincere. love you bestie

Natalie Grace said...

i love you lindsay. How beautiful to hear about the Lord working in your heart through difficult times. And your faith is similar to your mothers...unwaivering and encouraging.

Mrs. Frazier said...

I love you Lindsay... thank you for sharing, not only now, but as you went through it so that we could learn along side you. You sell your faith short... you are a rock as well.