Jon enlightened me to Donald Miller's blog. I don't read it everyday, or even each week, but I'm trying more and more. I find it a good blog to relate to and with others. It provides support to thoughts that go unsaid and challenges those thoughts right where they are. The blog below is a re-occuring topic for my conversations about my personal growth/stagnation. I think responsibility to others stems from a good place in my being but can come out crooked when boundaries are not known (responsibility for others). Woods and I often talk of boundaries with clients - her's the offenders to the criminal system, and mine ... well, those that abuse children. This is important for personal, professional and even relationships with strangers.
I'm also reading Gavin De Becker's Protecting the Gift which educates readers on how to use your intuition and how much denial can impact becoming a victim. Although it discusses victimization, it highly emphasizes boundaries, and listening to your inner self to know when you are in danger or something is just off. Personally, I think Don's blog correlates the two. And now I want to read the book he refers to Boundaries by John Townsend.
No comments:
Post a Comment