I had never heard of it. Honestly, I never really thought about it. Why would I? Wrongfully accused? It triggered a lot of emotions. Both good and bad, from anger to deep empathy. The video shared the perspective of the family, the wrongfully convicted, from start to finish. I think it's very important to be educated on this topic. Sadly, I just started last night.
I feel very uneducated/disinterested in politics, government .... but have this far off understanding that I need to grow, learn and spend time in what's going on. Everyone says that you must have a voice in the political system, of what you believe in how the government runs... Anyways, this is one area that hits home. Maybe because this video helped me see how this bigger system is crushing lives.
I am going to an exoneration conference tomorrow with those who have been exonerated. I am terrified of the emotions I will feel in hearing their personal testimonies...
1 comment:
do you have jamie page?? i have her too and she is awesome...you should watch After Innocence. Its a documentary that follows several guys that were exonerated and shows the whole process. its really good...
Post a Comment