My go-to, most like me in personality, perspective, and demeanor ...whom I've known since I was 2 years old, best friend is moving to Muscat, Oman in November. Her man is moving on up in his career . . . way out in Oman! When they tied the knot, the Hanson dream was to share life over seas. Well here you go. On a silver platter.
She was the first to have the babe, Jack Barrett, and the first to have the second, unknown baby gender or name. Lauren Larsen may have beat her to the chapel but she was in by a close second. Then Mel, then Lindsay, then Julie, now Brit...(whoa!)
Moving abroad means parting ways with their roots of Norman (where they met, tied the knot, birthed baby #1, and will birth baby #2) and bolting to a country, east of Saudi Arabia. No worries, they refer to their new home as a "villa". You mean, a villa, like the one I stayed in for a brief period of time in Belize with my family? Huh. It must be different, but NOT shabby!
Lin, Brit and I spent a good 36 hours with the fam up in Norman this past weekend and it was just the right dose. Jack is 110% of energy the moment his eyes open in the morning and is still kickin at 8 PM without fail. I'm amazed by the mother-ing and father-ing.
How will I raise my babes without you Laurel? How will I know when to nap them, move them from milk to solids, or really get through my daily happenings? I'm glad that skype makes communication available, but it won't be the same.
1 comment:
haha. thanks Abs. love the synopsis of life. you'll raise your babies just fine. who knows- we might be close by at that time. BTW...we met when we were 3 silly. Big Bob went up to you and your sisters and said, "Hey little girls, I have some daughters about your age, want to come meet them?" creepy man that Bob. and its been bliss since. love ya!
Post a Comment