In 2005, Lindsay, Julie and I went to visit Brittany, in Italy. She was studying abroad. We spent a little over a week trudging through the big cities eating gelato, panini's, and once, got a little boozed on liters of wine. Oh, and this happened on an over night train from Rome to Venice. Bad idea, because we forgot that we had to get off and change trains. We ended up sleeping like sardines with a "cop" from Venice in a room on the train. It was crazy. The next morning, we find ourselves exhausted from arriving really late, barely sleeping, drinking wine, and then thinking we could walk through the entire city of Rome. Maybe Lindsay will share more on that story...
Anyways, I am rummaging through our cd titled "Italy" that we stored away several years ago. It's full of pictures and I know somewhere around here, we have video footage. I bring all this out because Scott, one of my best friends has been living there since August. Tori, another one of my most dear, left two days ago to bop around for two months..possibly working on a farm? Well, I'm headed there a week from tomorrow and I'm so excited.
I've decided I will blog while I'm there. Or I'll do my best. I don't own a personal laptop anymore, therefore it might be difficult. I plan to eat gelato 1-2 times per day, wine it up every night, indulge in pizza, paninis, and pasta. Maybe I'll get some Italian down..but above anything, I hope to laugh and see the beautiful parts of Italy...that I wasn't able to see before!!
I owe my trip to my grandparents who sacrificially gifted their AA miles for my Italy trip and to Scotty, who has an apartment and car, so I can finance this trip into my social work budget. I'm more than excited and can't wait to be greeted by Tori and Scott next week in Milan!!!
Here are some pics of 2005 - My most wonderful friends, I love these memories with you. And I love you each, so deeply.
4 comments:
man oh man....good times. I can't wait to read your european blogs boobeh
have fun abs!!! tell scotty hellooooo
Why didn't yall come to Ecuador? so rude.
i loved the italian pasta and gelato a little too much. chubbbs.
so jealous.
can i go with you.
i wish i was that spontaneous.
Post a Comment