



Christmas has always been so wonderful in our home growing up. We were fortunate to be able to have a big tree with lots of ornaments, awesome christmas outfits as shown in the glorious pictorials above, decorate the exterior of our home in lights (never colored lights, dad wouldn't allow it with his design background), going to Prestonwood's Christmas show, making delicious cookies in our warm and cozy kitchen, while listening to KLTY and singing along. Most years (until the past couple) our family would go on a vacation with the Garys; skiing in colorado or swimming in hawaii. we always have the best time with the Garys, they are our family too. Christmas has always been a season of Christ and joy in the Killingsworth home; mom and dad always reminding us of the "reason for the season". We have been so blessed and I am so thankful for my families good memories together.
the last picture is from 2 christmas' ago; i love this picture. this christmas will be very different, but so much good to look forward to and believe in. We will do our best to celebrate Christmas the same as always; remembering Christ and his perfect birth and life, making Christmas cookies, and singing carols.
I can remember mom singing Hark, the Herald Angels Sing around the house...I love that song.
Hark! the Herald Angels sing,
Glory to the newborn King!
Hail the heaven born Prince of Peace,
Hail the Son of Righteousness.
Light and life to all He brings
Risen with healing in His wings
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! The herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn King!
6 comments:
LOVE YOU & am so proud of you!!!
love you and love your side ponytail!
wow! I love your thoughts and your heart.
i love your sweet post. love you lin and can't wait to see you as a beautiful bride in 3 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, and 16 min :)
thank you for always sharing your sweet thoughts & heart...and your phenomenal fashion momemnts. I mean, I know I've said, but my mom says you were the cutest kid she has ever seen, even considering the options from her own womb. hmmpphhh.
Post a Comment