Sunday, May 25, 2008

Galaxy Drive-In Movie

Noteworthy items from the Drive-In movie theatre :

  • It is in Ennis, Texas. 30 Miles South
  • Multiple people (men and women alike) adorn their heads with USA bandanas.
  • Not only do cars attend the show, but also motor homes. many, many motor homes.
  • Neon glow-in-the-dark palm trees are used as decoration.
  • "I hunt and I vote" license plate holders are present.

Good times had by all at the drive in movies. I highly recommend it.



...and I (abby) want to add to this lovely blog, that we spent $6 for 2 movies...and on top of that, we purchased dip n dots that completely satisfied our dairy cravings... in beautiful weather.

3 comments:

Natalie Grace said...

Oh my gosh that it the cutest picture. I love it.

I guess if i lived in a mobile home I would want to take my home to the movies. good idea.

Lauren said...

that looks like fun...

something we will all have to do again once i get off of bed rest.

:)

maybe even WITH Davi!!!

love you girls!!

Marc V. said...

Thank you for the blog and for your mention of the Galaxy... it might not make sense for a stranger to pop in and mention it, but it makes sense to me...

I can appreciate values long since past. And pictures of times that have passed. I search out the mention of vintage and retro things... things from the "space age" or post-war (WWII) era. Today is was "Galaxy Drive-In", based on a picture that I saw in a resturant. It wasn't a picture of THE Galaxy (the one you have), but still it got my search nerves itching.

Your one meager picture of the drive-in was still a welcome addition, but when I saw title of your blog and some of the little comments, I wanted to share my appreciation.

I don't know how many know about Grace any more... or how many would share it happily as part of their web presence (er, w/out being preachy). I think that Grace is meant to be a part of us, meant to be a joyous thing. I think that it shold be evident to others not because we tell them what's wrong with them, but because it shows through us, shines so others can see it and want it for themselves. Tha'ts what I see on this one little page. I am sorry that I won't have time to visit and read the rest of our blog.

I hope that you find that Grace fills you more and more until you just about burst, and it becomes evident to all what and why.

Marc